A smaller gathering than usual of RFG members met last night to consider our responses to recent events. Items I can share as follows:
- One of our members is writing to the Health Board to ask if the Emergency Clinic is located in a suitable position given its limitations.
- We are aware of Insurance companies refusing to quote for properties in our area due to flood risk. We would ask for you to respond to this note if you or one of your relatives/neighbours has been refused. Please give Name of Insurance Company and the Postcode of the address.
- We shall be writing an objection to the proposed boundary change to the Rossett Ward. Please try to attend the Community Council Meeting in the Village Hall on Thursday 12th March 7:45pm to understand the impact.
- Some of our members will be attending the LDP hearing on Housing Provision. Please try to come along and see what we are up against. Starts 09:30 Wednesday 11th March in The Memorial Hall, Bodhyfryd, Wrexham, LL12 7AG
- We continue our boycott of Bellis Brothers (Holt) and urge other Rossett residents to do likewise.
- We wish our new village business Cwtch Ceramics every success and look forward to a regular coffee and cake. Opens this Tuesday 10th.
We shall have an update on a Judicial Review later this week. Two local residents have funded the Barristers Opinion. We are still looking into the crowdfunding option once we understand all the costs.